Sovini Property Services support Gas Safety Week 2018
We are proud to support the eight annual Gas Safety Week which runs from 17th – 23rd September 2018.
Gas Safety Week, co-ordinated by Gas Safe Register brings together organisations from across the UK to raise awareness of the dangers of poorly maintained gas appliances, which can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
Follow these six simple steps to ensure you are safe and warm in your home:
- Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix and service your appliances. All Sovini Property Services engineers are Gas Safe registered.
- Check both sides of your engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card. Make sure they are qualified for the work you need doing. You can find this information on the back of the card.
- Have all your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year. If you rent your home ask for a copy of the landlord’s current Gas Safety Record.
- Know the six signs of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness. Unsafe gas appliances can put you at risk of CO poisoning, gas leaks, fires and explosions.
- Check gas appliances for warning signs that they are not working properly e.g. lazy yellow flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks or stains on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.
Follow us on Twitter for more top tips on how to keep your home gas safe!
10 June 2020
Coronavirus COVID-19 safe operating procedure
At Sovini Property Services the safety of our employees and customers is our priority. Due to the new Government guidelines re COVID -19 (coronavirus) we have implemented a number of…
03 June 2020
SPS awarded place on latest Procure Plus framework
Sovini Property Services (SPS) have successfully secured a place on the Procure Plus Heating Servicing and Repair framework. The framework will see SPS deliver comprehensive and maintenance service to gas…
27 March 2020
Coronavirus COVID-19 update
27 March 2020 To ensure we adhere to the latest government guidelines, Sovini Property Services will only be completing emergency repairs and compliance works until further notice. Our priority during…